Tuesday 22 June 2010

June 7-11: I’d happily have it off with Robert Downie Jr

This week was a great week because it contained my birthday. Some people hate people making a fuss about their birthdays and say stuff like, “it’s just another day, big deal”, whilst I think, “it’s my birthday give me loads of stuff and attention”. In terms of presents I got a few quid and some Robert Downie Jr paraphernalia. This is actually pretty good because I realised after the age of 21 you generally don’t get anything good, this really hit home when I only got a couple of books for my 22nd birthday; I like a book but when it comes to birthdays all I want are toys or DVDs. My sister gave the Robert Downie Jr key ring and bag to me, as she knows I have a huge man crush on him. He is the only man in the world I’d happily bum in the hope that some of his charisma gets transferred across to me.

On one of the other days I did a BBC casting with about 1million other comedians. It wasn’t actually that bad. I got to do it with Carl Donnelly so was much more fun than normal. Normally castings with comedians are like metaphorical dick swinging contests and if you’re not prepared to windmill you look like a tit. Luckily this wasn’t such a wind turbine environment and more of a fun hour with a few comedians I know, who were all prepared to laugh at each other. Afterwards me Carl and Tiff Stevenson (comic) had an all you can eat oriental buffet where it’s vegetarian food that tastes a bit like meat; it tastes much worse than the meat in question and gives you stomach aids, don’t ever go to the one of these places unless you’re constipated. What is the point in vegetarian food that looks and tastes a bit like meat? You’ve made your choice now stick with it: that’s like a straight man from time to time getting his girlfriend to wear a beard and call herself Geoff for the night (or in my case Robert Downie).

After that very confused and nonsensical analogy, I will leave you to continue to stare at a spread sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment