Tuesday 19 October 2010

11-15th Oct: kicking flat footballs with friends

This week was another throw back to my childhood. On top of doing vaguely constructive things like writing something funny with a friend, recording a podcast with Carl Donnelly and filming one of those talking head shows, I had an old school play-date with my friend’s Nick and Pat.

Before I describe the most boyish Friday ever, I’ll just mention this talking head shenanigans. I had to go into town to film some spiel for “Most Annoying people 2010”. I’m getting quite used to these shows but my only problem is I find it hard to slag off these “people”. The only people who actually annoy me are those that effect my life, I think Ronnie O’Sullivan is awesome and have no problem with him but I’ll happily slag off the tosser who got on the Underground before I’d got off! So I doubt I’ll make much of the edit saying “everyone’s lovely!” It’s hardly comedy gold.

On Friday Nick and Patrick came over early afternoon to play computer games and rinse me. If you lock 3 or more male friends in a room in the middle of the day there is very little that goes on apart from us all calling each other “benders”, “retards” and “gay-retards”. I mainly got torn apart after an advert I’m in came on the TV. Due to the wonders of Sky Plus, Nick rewound and played it in slow motion 10 times, zooming in on my worryingly crinkly forehead.; I still loved it though, I’d rather be getting annihilated for hours with friends than be alone. If all the ribbing and joshing wasn’t suitably immature we went down to the park with a Mitre Calcio. If anyone of our friends with jobs had walked through a Willsden Park at 4pm on Friday afternoon they would have seen three, 24 year old men playing an adapted version of World Cup singles. The worst thing was I didn’t win this pointless game; Nick “the penguin legs” Halewood managed to dominate with his trusty toe punt.

Being immature is one thing but losing at being immature is something I’m just not used to.

1 comment:

  1. I heartily recommend putting in some rehearsal time on the immature front. Try sitting in a shallow bath with a rubber ducky shouting for your mummy. Over lunch spill spag bol down your bib and throw lumps of tomato sauce at the wall. Later, sit on a train/bus for half an hour just screaming randomly in a pitch that makes even the most laddish of lads want to wince.

    They make those end of year talking heads far too early… we’ve got two months worth of bellends in the media that have yet to appear. But you’re right, you either get into tabloid gossiping and slagging off or you respect that people are at least making a living doing something “provocative”. There are plenty of people on telly I find annoying but I at least tip my hat to the fact that they seem to try really hard and make the effort to annoying me.

    You gotta put in the hours! :)

    ReplyDelete