Friday 12 March 2010

March 10th: being a student again

Let’s call this ‘the half day’. I woke up at 12:30 like some sort of languid, waste of space student. This is probably because my friend Max and I ended up at a horrible student night in Central London the night before. I’ve never felt a lot older than people on a night out until Wednesday night when I was chatting to someone wearing braces about their A levels. I made sure I had a cold shower when I got home at 3am. Going out 2 nights in a row is a massive struggle nowadays, so I needed to have a sleep that bordered on hibernation.

The day ended up being a real throw back to University as my mate Nick, who is at law school, came over and we played computer games all afternoon. I say throw back, however, I left University under 2 years ago so it’s not like I had to think back 20 years to something completely alien to me. I also had a chicken that needed roasting. So we comically had a roast chicken and gravy lunch on a Thursday. There’s nothing wrong with this but having a roast on a weekday is slightly unusual. You know your time frame is different to most of the western world when you’re roasting potatoes during Countdown….

No comments:

Post a Comment