Thursday 4 March 2010

Tuesday 2nd March

I had a big sleep, in an attempt to shake off the miniature bout of food poisoning. I got up and did some token email based admin and checked my Facebook 30 times. In truth I was just killing time before I made my debut at Comedian’s football in Crystal Palace. To make a 2pm kick off I had to leave my house at 12:30. Travelling an hour and half to play a game of 6 aside football might seem extreme, but I love football and also I got to talk to some friends. Being alone when you’re ill is my idea of hell. Ideally when you’re ill you want your mummy to constantly bring you treats and check your temperature; getting a flat mate to do this is harder than you’d think.

The football game was worth the journey. Highlights included me scoring an own goal from the other half of the pitch and generally laughing a lot at the behaviour of Joe Wilkinson and Daniel Kitson. The downside to playing with professionally funny people is you can’t tell when they are joking. Andy Zaltzman did a theatrical dive in the penalty area: I laughed. Turns out he’d pretty much snapped his ankle. Nasty. I felt like a dick. My team were victorious, which makes playing sport much better. It’s the taking part that counts but it is lovely to win at stuff.

The rest of my 9-5 involved me sitting on a train back to my house: I might buy a second home in Crystal Palace for Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment